family holiday

It’s Sunday night once again and I’m about to wrap up all these stuff I usually do on weekends – which is to download tv shows, songs, and read pages and pages of stuff on the web. Some good but usually bad. I didn’t discover any good sites this weekend unfortunately.

Anyways, the trip to Hong Kong with the family went well. This time around we didn’t get a package tour so we can save a few thousand pesos. (I have not started to calculate how much we actually spent since I need my good night sleep - haha - and would not want to wake up in the middle of the night thinking how I’m going to pay for my credit card bill when the statement comes in). We stayed in YMCA Salisbury at Tsim Sha Tsui, which is beside the very posh The Peninsula. It was a great hotel, a bit expensive, but worth it since my dad was impressed with how nice and clean it is. We didn't do much on our first day in HK since our 8am flight (which we got up 3am for) was delayed to 10:30(!!!) so we just rested when we got to our hotel. I did check out the nearby Adidas and Esprit stores next door though after checking-in. Then for dinner we headed to the very fancy McDonald's.

Second day, which is our mom and dad's 32nd wedding anniversary, we went to Disneyland. It was our (my mom and I) 2nd visit so I wasn't too excited. We did try out some of the shows and rides we skipped out last time.



Third day was spent in Ocean Park. The park was in some kind of renovation so it wasn't too picture pretty. I noticed that they moved McDonald's, and the place for viewing the giant pandas was renovated as well. A new attraction was the jelly-fish aquarium, which I find really cool.

Our last day was spent shopping in Mongkok and Parklane in Kowloon Tong. I got this really cool biker jacket which I'm hoping to wear really soon!

I enjoyed shopping in Hong Kong and on the way to the airport on our last day I realized I like it because it’s one big scavenger hunt for me. I love shopping for good finds you see…going about rows and rows of shops is as much fun as actually finding a cool one-of-a-kind item. Speaking of which, I did not get to buy a be@rbricks toy…though I did see a shop selling them in the airport. Oh well, next time.

2 comments:

  Sophiagurl

October 28, 2007 at 12:09 PM

wow! sounds like a lot of fun. and your mom and dad looks very sweet together=)

  michiko

October 29, 2007 at 8:21 PM

it was! and i really want to go back again while the plane fare is cheap!