clutter

my closet of a room was so messy this week that it looked like one of those "before" rooms in a tv show called clean house in lifestyle channel. my bags, dirty clothes, and toiletries are on my bed, shoes and slippers scattered all over my floor, and a small fold-away table propped up on what's left of my floor space. my room needs organization. fast!

so this evening having left the office a bit earlier than usual, i decided to drop by a nearby mall to get some stuff to organize my room. i was planning to buy just this little strip of plastic with hooks to hang my bags. i ended up buying that, a bag organizer (actually, a little bag to put inside a bag - yes, even the inside of my bag is a mess), AND a shoe cabinet. yes, furniture. that wasn't on the plan but i bought it anyway coz i thought the price was reasonable (read: lower than my budget and didn't look like crap). they did not have stock aside from the one displayed so they will be delivering the cabinet to our house next week. how's that for impulse buying?

on my way home i thought about the the space in my cabinet filled with old shoes. why don't i just throw them away and make space for the shoes and slippers i frequently use? and how many bags should a woman have anyway? i don't know the answers to these questions...but in
the meantime, my goal is to clear up the obvious mess. major cleaning up will take place in another time. lord knows when that day will come.

3 comments:

  Sophiagurl

October 28, 2007 at 12:14 PM

haha, don't talk about clutter I'm freaking out as it is.

You know I've always envied those make-over shows. Wondering how I can join hahaha.

  michiko

October 29, 2007 at 8:29 PM

i think you need to live somewhere in los angeles to join "clean house" hehe. my mom and i love to watch that show..but we're never inspired to do anything with our own house. ha!

  Sophiagurl

October 29, 2007 at 11:40 PM

haha I love that show too and the how clean is your house with that two British ladies hosting the show.

Oh, what I'd give for a make-over hahaha.