just like heaven



I recently found out from a friend’s Friendster site that one of my favorite bands, The Cure, is performing in Singapore and my friend is watching. I’m so jealous! Turns out that the band has a mini-Asian tour (Sing, HK, and Japan) this coming weekend and they left out Manila in their itinerary. Why Robert, why?? And why are the producers in Manila keep on bringing crap artists like David Pomeranz? Why hasn’t anyone thought about bringing The Cure here instead?

Oh well. I’m dedicating this post to the boys who made the best love songs ever. Here are my top 5 faves:

1. Mint Car – one of the band's happier songs which never fails to make me smile whenever I listen to it.

Say it will always be like this
The two of us together
It will always be like this
Forever and ever and ever...


2. Pictures of you – the first strums of the bass guitar at the start of the song is enough to make me weep.

“If only I'd thought of the right words
I could have held on to your heart
If only I'd thought of the right words
I wouldn't be breaking apart
All my pictures of you”

3. Just like Heaven – one of the songs I love to sing when in a happy mood. I only sing the first few stanzas though. I dream of someone singing this song TO ME one day, hahaha.

"Show me how you do that trick
The one that makes me scream" she said
"The one that makes me laugh" she said
And threw her arms around my neck
"Show me how you do it and I promise you
I promise that I'll run away with you
I'll run away with you" ….

You
Soft and only
You
Lost and lonely
You
Strange as angels
Dancing in the deepest oceans
Twisting in the water
You're just like a dream...

4. Letter to Elise – maybe the song that I can relate to the most..

elise believe i never wanted this
i thought this time i'd keep all of my promises
i thought you were the girl always dreamed about
but i let the dream go
and the promises broke
and the make-believe ran out...

5. Love Song - a song with simple lyrics yet evoke so much sincerity like all the other love songs Robert makes. *sigh*

Whenever I'm alone with you
You make me feel like I am home again
Whenever I'm alone with you
You make me feel like I am whole again

3 comments:

  iwiwag

July 26, 2007 at 1:11 AM

This is a interesting post, to say the least.... perhaps you'll like my blog , take care, iwiwag

  Sophiagurl

July 27, 2007 at 1:54 AM

hey i love the Cure too! nice selections you've got there =)official soundtrack of your life? hehehe.

  michiko

July 27, 2007 at 9:13 AM

haha! yeah for that darker part of my life :D i can feel a change coming though..