update, update



so i made a promise to myself to update this blog often as soon as i got my new lappy. it's been 2 weeks! ok so i got my excuses, having spent last weekend up north travelling with friends. it was a fun and tiring trip having crammed so much activities in just 3 days that i went home sick. i'm well now, but just so tired all the time.

i feel slightly better about the pictures i took from this trip. the ones i took in palawan were a real disappointment that i started reviewing all the magazines and books that i have about taking better pictures. apparently "part" of the problem was caused by my icky lens kit. thank god one of my photo-freak friends gave me a tip, and that's to use minimum aperture of f8, and to adjust the sharpness settings in my cam body. this afternoon i got another gadget to improve my photos: a new lens! it's a 50mm f1.8, the cheapest canon lens there is and the only lens i can afford at the moment.

more pictures soon!

2 comments:

  Sophiagurl

July 19, 2007 at 11:02 PM

yay! an update and a very nice photo. what's it like? and where'd you take the pic?

  michiko

July 22, 2007 at 1:23 PM

hey! took this one at the vigan heritage village. it's just one street paved with cobblestones and lined with old houses. most houses are converted to shops selling souvenirs and antique stuff. the place is really picture-pretty :D