it's oh so quiet

It's, oh, so quiet
It's, oh, so still
You're all alone
And so peaceful until...
Bjork, "It's oh so quiet"

There was a time when I lived for weekends. Then there was another time when I dreaded them, especially those long weekends in between holidays. I used to hate the feeling of not knowing how to make the most of my weekends and the regret that I feel when Monday comes that I wasted them. Then weekends became just ordinary days of rest between work weeks...days neither to dread nor anticipate. Now my weekends are no longer enough! I have surrounded myself with so much amusement I can no longer keep up with myself. There’s a good book which I’m still half-way through, several DVDs of TV shows and movies to watch, a blog to update, blogs to read, pictures from two trips to edit, a new lens to take photos with, a laptop to familiarize, a photo-editing software to learn…all that I wish to cram for 2 days on top of doing my usual chores and napping (!).

Now it’s Monday and back to the usual grind. I can’t wait for Saturday to come along…

2 comments:

  Sophiagurl

August 1, 2007 at 11:35 PM

ooh, how i long to have some peace and quiet in my work-life haha!

and i know how you feel about living for the weekends...because i do too! 2 more days till Saturday! yipee!

  michiko

August 2, 2007 at 8:38 AM

looks like you've got something planned...after all it's papa osh's b-day weekend!

hurray for weekends!