for the books

now here's not one but two milestones: 1) i've overcome my fear of using the gas stove and 2) i have learned how to cook chicken tinola (chicken in clear soup) for lunch. mom was out today so i cooked. hurrah for me! i'm still jumpy when turning off the stove though but still it's a feat that i can now turn it on and off by myself. (brief background to those who have just stumbled on this blog - two years ago both my legs and my right arm got burned in a gas stove malfunction. i have not cooked ever since, well until today.) it would be nice and a bit cliche if i were to say that i would be cooking again. i doubt that since i've become lazy and have lost desire to turn into a slightly chunkier version of giada.

anyway.

yesterday i went to this seedy part of manila to get my bootlegged dvds. i got season 1 and 2 of weeds, seasons 1 to 3 of arrested development, factory girl, a documentary about che guevara, and a compilation of audrey hepburn movies. when i got to the street where the dvds are, i decided to check out the goods on the opposite side of the street from where i usually get my stuff. then as i was approaching a stall i got asked by a boy vendor about what i wanted. it's from him that i got weeds - for 100 pesos. doh! i got the rest of my dvds at 50 pesos per disc. anyways, moral of the story: don't rush. i guess i got too excited with finding what i wanted right away that for a little while i forgot my head. silly me. of course that will not happen with boys again. nice segue, eh? haha.

4 comments:

  Sophiagurl

November 11, 2007 at 8:03 PM

Yay! so you can cook again? hahaha looked like you've been had. I hope it was worth it though haha.

  michiko

November 12, 2007 at 8:14 PM

i will cook again...soon :D

and the weeds is a funny show so i guess i can say it's worth it. i'll let you borrow when i'm done.

i miss lost :(

  Sophiagurl

November 30, 2007 at 2:08 AM

ooppps i better send it back over=) sorry my friend it took me long giving it back hahaha.

  Me

December 1, 2007 at 12:33 AM

found you again, but alas no tagboard ;p this will do ;) thanks for the link!