un-sleep the clock around

Have you seen the movie, The Machinist? It stars Christian Bale and it's about a man who have not slept in years. He is bone thin and suffers from delusions. This movie comes to mind right now since lately I'm having trouble sleeping. Unlike the title character, I still do sleep but I haven't had a long good sleep for 2 weeeks now. Even on weekends. And it's a big deal for me since I'm such a baby when it comes to sleeping. I need at least 7 hours a day to function well the next day. The good thing is that coffee in the mornings and coke during lunch could keep me awake and help me stay sharp enough to do my work. Today was specially hard for me since I had 2 job interviews - one face to face, and another via telephone. I think I did well...considering i'm in sleepy mode.

Thank God those interviews are over for now (I still have one, which is yet to be scheduled). I can go back now to my comfort zone and work here on my desk and try to finish as much as I can before I leave. I hope I won't doze off. And if I do, I hope not to cause a racket, like my head banging on my keyboards for everyone to hear. Haha.

3 comments:

  Sophiagurl

June 2, 2007 at 10:08 PM

how was the interview btw? and hope you have a good sleep this weekend...sleeping beauty.

  michiko

June 6, 2007 at 8:27 AM

you were right - there was no need to get so jittery about the interview. it wasn't as scary as i expected haha. anyways, i'm getting enough sleep now. my next goal is take long naps in the afternoons. after all there's nothing much to do here.

  Sophiagurl

June 7, 2007 at 11:03 PM

envy envy envy...that's all i can say my friend. hehehe